Client Care is paramount to what we do. Our commitment to our clients is set out in our client promise. To ensure that we are meeting our client promise and continually providing the very best client care to our clients, we regularly seek their feedback and this can be found in our client feedback reports.
Our Client Promise
We are committed to providing the best possible client service. The following is our promise to our clients:
- To always put our clients’ interests first
- To keep our clients informed and to communicate in an effective manner
- To be transparent on costs
- To provide access to legal services
- To continuously innovate and strive to be better
- To provide first class and proactive advice at all times
- To encourage and respond to feedback
- To be honest and act with integrity at all times
Client Service Levels
We strive to achieve the following service levels:
- Emails to be responded to same day or next day if received after 5pm
- Letters to be responded to within 24 hours
- All calls to be returned same day (or next day if received after 5pm)
Our core values have been with us since the firm began in 1897 and have underpinned everything for which the firm has stood. They have determined how the team has interacted with each other and how we deliver our services to the client. Our core values define who we are and where we are going. Our core values are listed below:
- To inspire those around us with confidence – by employing the best staff and by exceeding expectations, we are able to inspire confidence in what we do and how we deliver our services. Not only do we strive to do a good job, but we make sure we keep our promises and work hard to support our team members and to represent our clients’ interests.
- See the changing marketplace as an opportunity – no business survives for as long as we have without embracing the changing market place. Law is very different to what it was in 1897. In the last 10 years the legal services market has changed beyond all recognition. While change can be daunting for most people, in our organisation we relish the challenge that it brings.
- To create an environment that inspires and delivers innovation and excellence – Our team is constantly challenging the boundaries and looking at new ways to deliver the services and products we offer. Our focus is entirely from the perspective of the client and this enables us to continually adapt to changing demands and be one step ahead of our competition.We work hard to remove the obstacles to foster creativity within our team. We encourage ideas at all times and put in place the forums to allow these ideas to be heard.This is an evolving business which is driven by its culture. Our competitors may seek to copy our new products and services, our branding or even the look and feel of our website, but they cannot copy our culture. We set the bar high in everything we do and it is this determination to excel that sets us apart.
- To have fun – we want to have fun and we want to employ staff that want to have fun. We know that what we do is a serious business and we never forget the importance of ensuring professionalism and integrity throughout (see core value no.5). However, we strongly believe that by creating an environment where staff can enjoy coming to work and where staff enjoy each other’s company we are able to deliver on our promises to our clients.We want to embrace our diversity and each person’s individuality and, in doing so, we want to have fun.
- To build trust in all relationships we have – almost more than anything, we recognise the important of trust. We want a relationship of honesty and professionalism with our clients, staff and suppliers. In order to achieve this, we must do what we say we are going to do; be honest when something cannot be achieved and be transparent in our dealings.Relationships, to us, are about the long-term and are the basis upon which we have grown. We want people who deal with our organisation to have respect for us because we deserve that respect.
- To be positive – we want our team to be positive and to seek out new challenges; to always see the best in each other and to encourage each other to succeed. A positive attitude is contagious and we want it to form every part of our organisation. We do not shirk responsibility; our team members take ownership of client and team member concerns and deal with these matters in an effective and positive manner.With the right attitude and the right focus, we believe our team can achieve anything. This belief forms the very essence of who we are.
- To deliver value – we want our clients to feel that they have received value from us, not just in the price that we charge but in everything about our service. This is why we continually work to ensure that we deliver our service faster and more effectively than any competitor. This is why we only employ the very best staff to ensure that our clients receive exceptional advice.Our goal is to ensure that our clients stay with us during their lifetime. This ethos is essential to building a strong business and this can only be achieved by delivering value to our clients.
- To show respect and be respectful – we believe passionately in showing respect to those with whom we deal. While we do believe that people should earn respect, everyone we interact with whether on the other side of a transaction or otherwise should be dealt with courteously and respectfully.
- Get involved and be an active part of our community – we want our team members to get involved in the activities we promote and we want our organisation to be an active part of the community in which it is based.We passionately believe that it is only by being involved that you can positively influence your environment. Our team enjoys coming to work and members take pride in giving something back to the community.
- To have passion – the passion our team has for the law and delivering great advice is contagious and everyone who joins the team comments on the extent of our passion and dedication to what we do. We find the law a tremendous and exciting challenge and we take great pride in representing our clients and winning their case. It is our passion for what we do that makes this a truly great place to work and be a part of.