With unemployment rates at a high, you may have heard quite a lot in the news recently about the government pushing for individuals to start up their own businesses. There are various grants available and other financial support for those entrepreneur’s wishing to brave the first steps into the business world and becoming their own bosses.
Perhaps one of the most important hurdles to tackle at the outset is to make sure all of the legalities are dealt with and considered correctly. For example:
- Which type of business structure will you adopt?
- Do you need a licence?
- How are you going to ensure health and safety compliance?
- Do you require any tax advice?
- Which type of business insurance should you obtain?
- If you are going to have employees, you will need contracts for them.
- Various aspects of Intellectual property rights e.g patents/logos
It is essential to ensure these matters are dealt with in the correct manner and this is where our expert business advisers can assist. For more information please call our offices.
Claire Brown is part of the Private Client team at EHL; our solicitors in Stoney Stanton are experts in their fields and dedicated to quality client care. If you would like to find out more about our solicitors in Stoney Stanton please contact us.
Keep up to date with our daily blogs through the Edward Hands & Lewis mobile app, just search Edward Hands on the iPhone or Android store to download our app for free.