Home > Legal Articles > Buying a house? Do you need a flood risk check?

Buying a house? Do you need a flood risk check?

Posted on Friday, 28th August 2015 by

attention-303861_1280If you are purchasing a property and you are concerned about flooding, a flood risk check can be made by your conveyancer. By using environmental reports, they can be notified about any flooding in the area and if the property has ever been flooded in the past. Issues are mainly raised when the property is near a river stream or brook, but you can also get flooding from pipes drains and sewer line near the property.

Groundsure have shown a rise of 5.4% in transitions that are in a high risk area for flooding. Flood risk is a growing issue, the environmental agency have shown that there has been a steady increase in the last 50 years. In the last 10 years the percentage of growth equaled the highest point of the last 50 years.

f your property is at risk of flooding it is essential to have both buildings and contents insurance, as this will provide financial cover in the worst case scenario. If you need assistance with this cover please contact one of the residential conveyancing team on 0116 266 5394.

Talk to our legal team

The information provided in all of our blogs reflects only a narrative of some elements to consider on the topic. The blogs do not contain considered legal advice and should not be relied upon as advice. Please see our website terms and conditions for full details of our disclaimer. If you are interested in obtaining advice, please contact one of our lawyers who will be happy and able to advise you on your own particular circumstances.

1 Step 1

Quick Quote

Your Nameyour full name
Contact Number
Post Codeyour full name
Your Messagemore details
0 /

Sarah Sainsbury - Residential Conveyancing
Sarah Sainsbury - Residential Conveyancing
sarah.sainsbury@ehlsolicitors.co.uk 0116 402 6688
Related author articles
Article tags

Map and pin icon
Sign up to our newsletter
  ERROR: 8 - CURL error: