Home > Legal Articles > How to recover your property if you are a landlord.

How to recover your property if you are a landlord.

Posted on Friday, 3rd May 2013 by

Photo Credit: angelsk via Compfight cc


We are instructed by Landlords across the country who find themselves in a position where they must evict tenants from their residential properties.  This can be for numerous reasons including where the tenant has fallen into rent arrears, there has been a breach the tenancy agreement, the landlord wishes to sell the property or the tenancy agreement has come to an end.

In order to recover possession of the property, a notice seeking possession must be served upon the tenant.  We find many Landlords are unsure of which notice to serve and what the notice period should be.  We can advise Landlords on the correct notice to be served and can prepare the notice and serve it upon the tenant for a fixed fee.

If the tenant fails to vacate the property upon the expiry of the notice period, we will represent Landlords in applying to the Court for a possession order.  This work is again charged at a fixed fee.

If you are a landlord who would like to discuss the repossession process, contact us for a no obligation initial consultation.

Frances Jacobs is one of our Solicitors in Leicester, who are all experts in their fields and dedicated to quality client care. If you would like to find out more about our solicitors in Leicester please contact us.

Keep up to date with our daily blogs through the Edward Hands & Lewis mobile app, just search Edward Hands on the iPhone or Android store to download our app for free.

Talk to our legal team

The information provided in all of our blogs reflects only a narrative of some elements to consider on the topic. The blogs do not contain considered legal advice and should not be relied upon as advice. Please see our website terms and conditions for full details of our disclaimer. If you are interested in obtaining advice, please contact one of our lawyers who will be happy and able to advise you on your own particular circumstances.

1 Step 1

Quick Quote

Your Nameyour full name
Contact Number
Post Codeyour full name
Your Messagemore details
0 /

Paul Stubbs - Litigation
Paul Stubbs - Litigation
paul.s@ehlsolicitors.co.uk 01332 862 113
Related author articles
Article tags

Map and pin icon
Sign up to our newsletter
  ERROR: 8 - CURL error: