Home > Our People > Sarah Sainsbury - Residential Conveyancing

Sarah Sainsbury - Residential Conveyancing

Sarah began her career with Edward Hands & Lewis in October 2012 as an office administrator and has progressed with the conveyancing department, mainly dealing with Freehold transactions but also leasehold, shared ownership and new build files too.

Sarah drafts contracts, checks mortgage offers, replies to enquiries, deals with lenders, drafts SDLT forms and submits them to HMRC.

She is committed to client care and provides her clients with a brilliant service, should you have any questions or concerns throughout please do not hesitate to contact her on her direct email address and telephone number.

Sarah Sainsbury is based at our Syston solicitors branch.


"Kate and Sarah were extremely professional in trying circumstances, client-centric, keeping us informed, and acting in our best interests at all times (our first seller decided to move back completion by a month without telling us, and our second seller had a weak solicitor was an extremely weak link in the chain)" - Private Client

Experts Articles

  • What is a Joint Tenant?

    What is a joint tenant?   When purchasing a property, your solicitors will ask at some point during the transaction how you want to own the property and the terms used are either joint tenants or tenants in common. This usually leads to some confusion due to the terminology used as usually the term tenant… Learn more

  • Buying a house without a building warrant

    Are you buying a property that has had an alteration e.g. a loft conversion, removal of a wall between rooms, extension, conservatory, garage or a porch etc.? Then you must make sure you request to see the appropriate planning permission and building approvals, if none of these can be provided in most cases you will… Learn more

  • Completion Date, What to expect?

    Upon exchange of contracts, this date is set by the contract. If the transaction is not completed by this date, then you can be considered in breach of the contract and as a consequence compensation can be paid by the party causing the delay. The compensation is interest which is the contract rate which normally… Learn more

  • Buying a house – Land searches

    When you are buying a house a property search is done. This means a survey takes place inside the house and a local authority search is usually required by your bank or building society as a condition of securing a mortgage. The basic local authority search comprises the official certificate of search (also known as… Learn more

  • Do you have a son or daughter over the age of 17 living with you?

    If your son or daughter is over the age of 17 and lives with you in your property, then they may need to sign the occupier’s consent.               Why?   Any persons occupying the property over the age of 17 may make a claim of interest in the property,… Learn more

  • Buying a house? Do you need a flood risk check?

    If you are purchasing a property and you are concerned about flooding, a flood risk check can be made by your conveyancer. By using environmental reports, they can be notified about any flooding in the area and if the property has ever been flooded in the past. Issues are mainly raised when the property is near… Learn more

Map and pin icon
Sign up to our newsletter
  ERROR: 8 - CURL error: