Home > Legal Articles > Could you become an Employee Shareholder?

Topic: Capital Gains Tax

  • Andrew Robinson - Employment Law
    Could you become an Employee Shareholder?

    In September 2013 a new form of employee is due to come into effect. In consideration of an employee becoming an “employee shareholder” (instead of just an “employee”), a company employer will issue or allot a minimum of £2,000 worth of shares to the individual, with any gains made on the first £50,000 of shares… Learn more

  • Leanne Hathaway - Tax and Trusts
    What taxes do you pay?

    A large proportion of your income may go towards paying taxes and typically it is estimated that around 35% of the money we earn goes on tax. Direct taxes such as income tax and National Insurance account for 20% of the money we earn. Indirect Taxes such as VAT, duty on alcohol and petrol and… Learn more

  • Rebecca Gunn - Residential Conveyancing
    Selling a property: do I have to pay tax?

    When you sell your main home (your Principal Private Residence or PPR) this is usually free of tax.  However, if you are selling a property that you have rented out, or which has been standing empty for some time, then you should review your tax obligations. There are two points to check: 1)      Do you… Learn more

  • Andrew Robinson - Employment Law
    Employee Shareholders Scheme is debated by Parliament

    A new employee shareholder scheme is currently being debated by parliament. The idea is an employee is given shares worth between £2000 and £50,000 in their employer which is exempt from Capital Gains Tax. In exchange an employee will give up certain employment law rights including, redundancy pay, the right to claim Unfair Dismissal, right… Learn more

Map and pin icon
Sign up to our newsletter
  ERROR: 8 - CURL error: