Home > Legal Articles > Selling a property through Probate or Lasting Powers of Attorney

Topic: Selling a House

  • EHL Conveyancing Team
    Selling a property through Probate or Lasting Powers of Attorney

    Selling a property through Probate, or Lasting Power Of Attorney. Top Facts about Probate Sales; Technically you cannot sell a property before the probate is granted, unless your name is already on the deed. The Probate takes around eight weeks to come back and if you sell your house in the meantime this could hold… Learn more

  • Douglas Wemyss - Commercial Property
    Selling a house with subsidence?

    Firstly what is subsidence?   Subsidence is when the foundation of a property gradually starts to move, this can be caused by the earth constricting or expanding due to the amount of water that is either absorbed or lost. Factors which can increase subsidence are: drought; rain; frost; and leaking drains          … Learn more

  • Jyoti Patel - Residential Conveyancing
    The process involved in selling a house

              When selling your property, you can use a variety of people to help with the process. However, is best advisable to instruct a conveyancer or solicitor. This allows you to step back and remove some of the stress that comes with selling your property. By using a solicitor or conveyancer,… Learn more

  • Selling a house without a solicitor

    A common question for people selling their house is, ‘Can I sell my house without instructing a solicitor?’                 Unfortunately the transaction may not be as straightforward as you think. There can be many unforeseen problems and complex issues that require a solicitor or conveyancer to resolve. Here… Learn more

  • Rebecca Gunn - Residential Conveyancing
    What to expect when selling a house

    The procedure for selling a house is quite straight forward and can be broken down into the following steps:- 1) Initial Instructions from you Once we have received your initial instructions we will ask you to complete a number of standard forms, including the Property Information Form and Fittings and Contents Form, and send to… Learn more

Map and pin icon
Sign up to our newsletter
  ERROR: 8 - CURL error: